As i was eating lunch today at the office (the usual Michaelina’s Mac and Cheese), i was looking for something to add to it to give a little extra flavor. Usually with the Mac and Cheese i add hot sauce (Taco Bell packets i’ve stocked up on), ranch dressing or plain mustard to add a little flavor. Today, since i was burnt out on the hot sauce and didn’t have the other two ingredients, i added honey mustard (from Chick-fil-A) for that extra zing. Weird, i know. But it was tasty. And it actually got me thinking about what weird eating habits i have.
I think everyone has their favorites when it comes to eating. Condiments are definately a plus for me. I love mustard and really can eat it on just about anything. In elementary school, my teacher nicknamed me the “mustard queen” because i used to get the packets and eat them plain right then and there. True story. My dad now knows to have French’s mustard in stock while i’m visiting and not the store brand (i can be thrifty sometimes but my mustard has to be French’s). I don’t like mayonnaise and ketchup has grown on me, but it has to be mixed with mustard for me to eat it. I love barbeque sauce, honey mustard, other dipping sauces, salsa, and have grown to also like ranch a lot too. I think these things enhance the taste of food so much more than if a food item is eaten plain. If a barbeque restaurant has multiple sauces, i’ll get them all, not just one of them. It just makes life better :o)
Here are some of my other weird combinations (yes, these things were eaten together) i’ve been known to gobble down with no problem:
- Barbeque chips or cheetos and mustard
- Lebanon bologna (similar to salami) and sweet pickles
- Cucumber and cheddar cheese
- Chicken nuggets with bbq sauce and honey mustard mixed or ranch and hot sauce mixed
- My last weeks combination rice (lots of random spices – curry, cinnamon, chili powder, pepper) with italian dressing
- Quesadilla with ranch dressing and salsa
- Plain cheese with mustard, turkey with mustard….just about anything with mustard.
I can’t really think of too much more right now but i’m sure i can add to the list if i really tried. What, Sweet World, are your weird food combos?