This year, i’m striving to blog a little more and really add some elements to my blog. If you’re a normal reader, you’ve already noticed some changes – updated blog buttons! That’s not all i have in store for this space this year. I want to incorporate more ideas, DIYs, free printables and more. I really want to grow. I’ve been blogging in this space for almost 3 years, and while i am so happy i’ve kept up with it, i want to make it something more. It hasn’t been the easiest, as i moved halfway across the country and didn’t have internet, or got a 3rd shift job and struggled to actually have a life at that point, or to now, when i work 100+ hours a pay period but absolutely love my job. Anyhow. This post wasn’t supposed to be a reflection post, but a DIY post. So let’s get to it! My first DIY! We’re going to make some map art.
– Draw your pattern on the foam board. Cut them with the exacto knife to make the stamps.
– Cut the map to the size you want, or the size to fit the frame you’ve chosen. Mine is 11″ x 14″ to fit the frame i had. I found the map at a local antique shop.
– Now you have your cut map and your cut stamps.
– Use the paintbrushes to paint the colored paint onto one side of the stamps. This helps it stay smoother so it’s not a huge, slippery mess when you stamp the map and so it won’t smudge.
– Stamp the painted side onto the map. Repeat with your different stamps and colors as you desire.
– Keep stamping up the page, or in whatever pattern you wish. The options are all yours! Once finished, you can even add photos to spice it up more, or to add those extra memories. I chose to leave the photos out of mine this time around.
– Once your paint dries, place the map art in the frame and display! Simple, right?
Enjoy making your very own map art. I know i did, plus it looks pretty in the bedroom!